Here at Ali’i Nani, our top priority is to safeguard the health of our valued patients and esteemed staff. As we go back to a “new normal”, we want you to feel at ease and confident that we are taking serious steps to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. As such, we need to introduce strict measures and protocol during your appointment. We will be opening in phases and will take limited appointments as we navigate to this new setup. We ask for your full cooperation during this pandemic.
Before making an appointment: Don’t come if you’re sick.
- If you are sick (have fever, cold, flu, body ache, runny nose, sore throat), postpone your appointment to a later date. Call us at (808) 693-9930 or email email@example.com to cancel your appointment.
- If you, your family member or you had close contact with someone who tested positive with COVID-19, defer your appointment to a later date, ideally 6-8 weeks from the time you or they have fully recovered.
- Consider setting up a virtual consultation with one of our providers for general questions, treatment options, price quotation or if you are planning to do any of the procedures sometime in the future. As much as possible, we are limiting appointments to same-day procedures only. Use our online scheduler to book your virtual consultation.
On the day of your appointment: Limit contact and observe strict disinfection.
- Please come makeup-free for face treatments, no lotion/body cream for body treatments, no deodorant for underarm treatment. Let’s cut time and proceed to the treatment right away.
- Wait inside your car, you will receive a text or call from us once the treatment room is ready for you. It requires time for the staff to disinfect the room and equipment in between patients.
- Please arrive on time. If you will be late for more than 10 minutes, you will be rescheduled.
- Wear your mask before entering the clinic. Do not remove until your provider gives you a go signal.
- Your temperature will be taken as you enter. If your temperature is elevated, you will be asked to go home and reschedule the treatment to a later date.
- While we have hand sanitizer at the clinic, it’s highly advisable to bring your own.
- Only the patient that has appointment will be allowed inside the clinic. Ask your companion to wait for you in the car.
- Expect to see your provider wearing N95/surgical mask/face shield. Staff safety is equally important.
- We will be using disposable table exam/ bed paper instead of linens
- You will be asked to sign a COVID-19 risk form on top of the usual forms (treatment consent form/ registration form)
- Your provider will check you out and process the transaction.
- For follow-up appointments that require evaluation, consider virtual consultation. This will be dependent on your provider’s advice.
What we are doing at Ali’i Nani to keep you safe during your appointment
- We constantly monitor and follow CDC guidelines in regards to infection control and prevention.
- Our staff underwent training and certification on infection control.
- We limit patient appointments to reduce risk of exposure.
- We practice strict handwashing and sanitizing in between patients.
- We don’t reuse gloves.
- We disinfect the treatment room and equipment used in between patients.
- We wear PPEs at all times. For close contact, we use face shield and N95.
- We ensure that all staff self-monitor and report any exposure. If sick, said staff will not report for work, will self-isolate and get tested. The next available staff who is equally skilled and trained to do the procedure will take over to prevent disruption of service.
We reserve the right to decline and defer aesthetic treatments and procedures if patient has a medical condition that will affect treatment outcomes. We are a team of licensed medical professionals and we have strict protocol that we follow at our clinic/medical spa. Take note that while we want to serve your needs, not everyone can be candidates for our procedures.
Ready to make an appointment? Book online or call us at (808) 693-9930